Friday, June 1, 2007

Profiting from CCD?

I thought this was an interesting twist on the news about CCD (Colony Collapse Disorder).
I find it oddly macabre to think about profiting from it..
Profiting from the Plight of the Disappearing Honeybee from thestreet.com

Here's a bit of it:

"Whether this is a world disaster or not, we at Stockpickr are tracking the Disappearing Honeybee portfolio, a list of stocks that could benefit from CCD.

First off, look for plants that don't require pollination from bees. Corn and soybeans fit the bill. The obvious play here is Archer Daniels Midland (ADM - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr - Rating), the "supermarket to the world." "

And:

"All sorts of explanations, from pesticide spraying and falling queen-bee fertility to cell-phone pollution (they're alleged to interfere with bee radar) and fulfillment of Biblical prophecy, have been offered as possible causes...However, if the Biblical prophecy angle turns out to be correct, buy the streetTracks Gold ETF (GLD - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr - Rating) on the way to Armageddon." (I don't care who you are, that's funny right there! - Steve)

I guess if we're going to have a worldwide shortage of a species, better make some money from it!

(Don't get me wrong! I'm as capitalistic as the next guy! Love the free market! I just thought this was odd!)

I thought this sounded good, though:

Bill to protect Bees

No comments: